Wednesday, February 9, 2011

For the love of Food

I recently watched the movies Julia and Julia and Willie Wonka, the original, a childhood favorite of mine that has become a classic far beyond childhood and movie that you actually come to appreciate more...

Julia and Julia I found to be this really sweet, simple, true story of how in a variety of ways food and more specifically cooking, as an act is consecrated into a daily, needed ritual/activity. The mundane 9-5 life is transcended by creating this self structured challenge to create a Julia Childs French masterpiece every night. This story is so accessible and relatable that I feel inspired to give it a whirl myself... sub exotic vegetarian cuisine for french stuffed duck...

Willie Wonka is one of the most creative uses of food as food becomes the world, the antagonist, the architecture the obsession and the goal... it is made to be indulged in, fascinated over, scintillating and even feared through this portrayal... I love it and find it so interesting that I notice different things or am struck by something unique every time I watch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.