Monday, January 31, 2011

Rose + Cristina smell tour






Rather than focusing on faint smells, or smells let off by particular objects, Rose and I decided that we would choose locations that were pretty site-specific and overwhelming.

Elena and Budd were the participants of our smell tour:
Rose and I led them through the courtyard into FAD to smell the chemicals in the darkroom--next stop was little hall express.

Upon arriving at little hall, the smell of food was very potent, though the location seemed to be confused for the hub. Interesting with regard to how the blindfold served as a means of abstracting the distance between two places.

The last stop was the recital hall where the bell tower is located. Rose and I picked this location because of it's particularly "stuffy/church-y" smell. We made Elena and Budd have a seat on the soft cushioned chairs before revealing the cathedral like space they were in (this was their first time visiting this space). While there, one of the music students was practicing his organ-playing, a nice conclusion to our scent tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.