I had strong reactions to the following scents:
Roman Chamomile - did not like this at all
Lemon Essential oil - Smelled delicious and reminded me of Lemonheads candy which reminds me of being little when my dad would buy us those tiny boxes they used to sell.
Imitation butter - Gross at first because it was so strong, but also kind of yummy because it smells like movie theater popcorn (which is vegan, by the way, even the extra "butter" they put on there is fake)
Imitation coconut - smelled like butter and coconut and immediately took me back to this sun lotion I had when I was a kid. It was in a rubber bracelet, it had what I guess was cocoa butter sun lotion inside this tube. I loved that thing, I got it on one of my very few, cherished trips to the beach in Florida.
Sweet Orange - delicious! My favorite smell by far!
Imitation banana - Runts!
Patchouli passion - Smells like my high school art teacher, who was awesome.
I also really liked the jasmine scent but I did not have a strong reaction or strong scent-memory to go with it. It is funny how many things smelled like candy or junk food. That is kind of scary because you just know that's what they're putting in there to make it taste/smell a certain way!
My concoctions were not very good but here they are:
1. butter, coconut, vanilla = still smells like popcorn with a hint of sweetness from the coconut - kind of kettle corn-ish. The butter smell overpowers.
2. lemon, clove, bit of texas cedarwood = smells kind of good but I don't really have anything to relate to. Cleaning products, maybe
3. orange, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut = again, smells kind of good but doesn't smell like anything in particular.
4. rose, citronella, chamomile, jasmine = Ugh! too much! Citronella is overpowering.
Most of my concoctions did not really blend well and only smelled like all of their parts separately, if that makes sense. Today, 4 days later, they all smell like citronella with hints of some of the other smells. They have been sitting in a bag for four days and the citronella overtook all the other smells. It is giving me a headache and I am going to throw it away.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.