Sunday, February 21, 2016

Baked Good Taste Panel Reaction 2/17/16

I was finally able to go to a Taste Panel on campus this week! It was a baked goods taste panel so I was expecting overly sweet treats. I had a craving for cookies and figured there may be one to test, and sure enough, there was. I tried 4 different baked goods: breakfast bar, two different cinnamon rolls and a sugar cookie. I was pretty overwhelmed with the amount of sugar in all of the samples except the sugar cookie since its expected that they are high in sugar. On the questionnaire I had to rate them on their moistness and on how likely I would purchase them. The cinnamon rolls were very moist whereas the breakfast bar and cookie were pretty dry. I didn't give any of them a great rating and I would probably not buy them. I prefer to bake myself and cut down on the amount of sugar I put when I bake. Also, I was quite surprised at how much sugar is in these baked goods. I haven't bought anything of the sort in a while so knowing that people buy these items only reinforces what a big issue we have in the US of consuming too much sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.